Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Case for Faith...NOT!!!

In my opinion this book has done more to convince me that there are sick, twisted and depraved parts of christianity existing in the world today than any other thing I have seen or book I have read. The unrepentably apolegetic tone of the book towards Christianity, under a fascade of critical thinking sickens me. I could tolerate the logical fallacies and arguments based on false premises of the first 3 chapters, but the worst was the chapter that tried to explain away the cruelties clearly stated in the Old Testament by either: 1)Attributing it to poor translation in the King James Version or 2)Demonising the victims. I mean, seriously, can anybody truly accept this crap? I think most people just ignore it and get on with their lives, which is the best thing to do in most cases, I think.

3 Comments:

Blogger cat. said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:56 am  
Blogger cat. said...

Edwin, if you have questions regarding your faith, why don't you pray for wisdom, for revelation? Has it not been written "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God (James1:5)"? Why are you looking for answers from Man when you have direct access to God?

9:58 am  
Blogger Benjamin Goh K M said...

hi there, i believe this book is not doing you any good at all... cats right... pray about it... pray for both wisdom and peace of mind...

8:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home